Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mini Vacation!!

I'm not sure if I'm more excited or more terrified about leaving on a mini vacation tonight. My Sister is touring a college in Duluth so we're making it an overnight, staying in a hotel, swimming, sightseeing and road tripping! 3 hours in the car shouldn't be that bad, right?!? Hopefully not! We're leaving around dinner time tonight so the kids can be eating on the way. I'm praying they'll fall asleep and stay asleep so we can just transfer them to hotel beds. My Kids have never been great at falling asleep anywhere other than home, mainly because they're too excited!

My Husband is staying home to get some much needed R&R, alone time. My Mom and Sister will be there to help but I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed! This is the last vacation we'll be taking before Baby #4 arrives so I hope it goes smoothly! I guess we'll see…
I'm going up prepared though! I've got bins full of special toys, plenty of snacks and lots of movies and books! They'll also have chalk boards, coloring books and the iPad. Lord willing, this will be an easy and FUN trip!!!

What are some tips you can share on road trips with young children?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment