Saturday, July 28, 2012

Shaelyn's Name Art!

I've had some questions on how I made Shaelyn's name art for her wall so here is a brief overview of how I made it!


I was in a rush to get it done because it was the last thing on my to do list before I could move Shaelyn into her room! I don't have any pictures of the progress/process but I'll try to explain it as best as I can.


I bought the green ribbon from Michael's but you can find ribbon at any craft or fabric store and even Walmart and Target sell ribbons. Choose whatever color you like best.

I also bought the flower poof's from Michael's but you can probably find those at other major stores as well.

My Mother-in-Law bought the letters that spell out SHAELYN. My MIL has actually purchased letter for all of our kids names! It's become a tradition!

I cut out the ribbon into varying lengths, although for our next Baby I'm thinking I'll do it more symmetrically. Choose a length that works and then cut the ribbon at that point.

Next I glued the flowers to the tops using super glue because I don't have a hot glue gun. Hot glue guns would definitely work too.

I finished up by gluing the letters onto the ribbon, again using super glue. This part I kind of regret because I wish they had been spaced differently. I wish there was a little more sense to how the letters hang but I was doing it quickly. Next time I'll measure where I want the letters instead of just haphazardly gluing!

After that I simply hung them on the wall! I did measure how far apart they were.

It was really simple! Just make sure you put something like cardboard or a paper bag under the ribbon before gluing so you don't get any glue on the surface your working on. Also, lift up on the ribbon after gluing the letters/flowers so it doesn't stick.

If something doesn't make sense feel free to comment and I'll try to explain it better. Once we come up with a name for this Baby I'll make another name display and be sure to photograph the process!!


No comments:

Post a Comment