Monday, August 27, 2012

Knight in Shining Armor

Today I am so thankful for my Husband, a.k.a. my Knight in Shining Armor! I developed a migraine that was different from the migraines I've experienced in the past. Both of my arms and my face went numb. I was terrified I was preeclamptic and didn't want to risk a seizure. I also had really bad double vision, that made lunch prep almost impossible! Plus, my head was in pain from the migraine. It was decided I should probably be seen to rule out any preeclampsia.

My Husband raced home from work to watch the kids and take me to L&D. Upon arrival my blood pressure was elevated quite a bit at 156/93. The Dr. treating me was concerned about preeclampsia and almost started a magnesium drip, which is used to prevent seizures. Preeclampsia is defined as blood pressures of anything over 140/90 AND spilling protein into the urine. There was talk of an emergency c-section and I needed my Husband by my side so he even found a Babysitter to watch our kids so he could join me in the L&D. Thank God I was not spilling any protein and after a medication was administered my blood pressure returned to normal.

We were released and told to rest. Yeah right, rest with 3 small children at home. HA! Well, actually my Knight whisked me off to bed and dealt with the kids until I was feeling better. I was literally passed out cold in bed for about 4 hours and he took care of the house, dog and kids the whole time! I could tell he was tired when I woke up but instead of going to lay down himself, he made us dinner and then shipped me back off to bed.

I am so thankful for this man that God has placed in my life. I don't say it enough but Thank you Hubby for being my Knight in Shining Armor. I am so proud of the Husband, Father, employee, etc you are. I am honored to be your Wife and pray our Daughters marry someone just like you some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment