Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 8 - Leviticus 1-14:1-32

Day 8 is here! We're reading through the Bible during our 90 day challenge. Today was Leviticus 1-14:1-32.

Ok, honestly…Leviticus is one of the hardest books in the Bible for me to read. It is so full of laws, rules, regulations and can't do's. I find it hard to relate to anything written and then don't want to continue reading. I will say that I am even more thankful for the sacrifice of Jesus so that I'm not forced to follow such strict laws involving everything from the foods I eat to what I can and cannot do following childbirth.

When Jesus died on the cross he removed all the rules and now we have the opportunity to build a relationship with Him! Our faith is now built on a relationship with our Heavenly Father vs obeying all the rules and laws. We still need to obey His commands but it's so much more about the relationship aspect now! I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment