Saturday, July 21, 2012

Nesting takes OVER!

Photo Credit
I'm definitely in full nesting mode. I want everything to have a place and be in said place and I want it done NOW! Unfortunately, my kids don't understand that, nor do they care so I have to wait until I have helpers around…so frustrating! My current nesting zone is my Girls bedroom! It's super small and really oddly shaped which is making it difficult to get two beds in there, plus a changing table and additional storage for clothes/bedding.

With my Sister watching my kids (thank God for Sisters and their willingness to help) and my Mom helping me shift furniture we got the layout figured out. Next up, buy a toddler bed for Shaelyn. She's still in a crib and will probably remain in the crib until her Sister actually moves into her room and takes it over.

We co-sleep with our children until they're about 6 months old, simply to make night nursing easier! Since this Baby won't even be in the room with Shaelyn for another 8 months, or so, my Husband doesn't understand why I want to get their room done now. For starters, it'll be harder for me to work on the room with a nursling and when you're nesting, you're nesting and it needs to get done NOW!

Ok, back to the toddler bed. I found the perfect toddler bed on craigslist and fell in love! Too bad somebody beat me to the punch and bought it first…it was a great deal though at only $50. So we headed off to Ikea to see what they have. Unfortunately, Ikea's toddler beds are LONG. I'm talking 12+ inches longer than a standard toddler bed.

After some ice cream, which should have been used as the treat to get the kids to behave during the trip, we headed up to look at the toddler beds they have. After two meltdowns, Micah running away and frustratedly searching for the "perfect" bed for Shaelyn…we finally found a bed that I think is super cute!

So, we bought the bed and the mattress. Got home and can you guess what we forgot to buy? Yup, bedding! Good thing she's not going to be sleeping in it tonight. Well, again, the nesting took over and I had to have the bedding to complete the look. I'm not a fan of any of the bedding Ikea had for the toddler beds but thankfully they sell plain white sheets. I found the cutest ladybug twin size bedding that we can alter enough to fit on the toddler bed!
Photo Credit
Thankfully my Sister ran to Target and found the perfect ladybug bedding in the store!!! So now I just need to get the bed built and the bedding put on the bed, finish the Girls closet and I'll be done with their room! Too bad their closet is not at all functional…yet!

I can't wait to see the finished room!!! And in case you're wondering, yes, I'll be building the bed tonight once the kids are asleep! I'm crazy, I know!

*Side note: all of my Children have "theme" animals chosen before they're even born. Our oldest is a Monkey, which suits him well. Our middle is a Frog and he loves to hop! Shaelyn is our lady "love" bug. This baby will be our owl…mainly just because I love the owl designs out right now but I'm also hoping she'll be a night owl like me, which means she'll sleep in, in the mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment