Monday, September 24, 2012

38 Weeks!!!

Today we reach 38 weeks pregnant!!! I've had some questions regarding my Due Date so here's the LD on when this Baby might arrive: We lost Aubrey on Christmas Day, 2011 and did not have a period before becoming pregnant with this little lady - so our initial due date was calculated based on Christmas being the first day of my cycle. This put our due date at September 30th. If we go with 9/30 as our EDD we are 39 weeks 2 days. Our second EDD was based on the first ultrasound we had which showed us due October 11th - what a cool due date 10/11/12!!! We had another ultrasound two weeks later, due to bleeding, that showed a due date of October 4th - another cool due date "10/4 Good Buddy". Anyway....my OB somehow came up with an EDD of 10/08/12 so we are currently 38 weeks exactly today. I "feel" like she's going to be born on the 4th but I've never guessed correctly so we'll see.

Regarding the pregnancy, little lady seems to be doing well! She's quite active and growing like expected. Unfortunately, she's currently lying in the posterior, or "sunny side up" position. Posterior is not an ideal labor/delivery position and can cause a long and extraordinarily painful delivery. I has acupuncture done last week, hoping she would turn, but she's comfortable where she is. I just pray she comes as "easily" as her big Sister, who was also posterior.

I'm in a lot of pain from sciatica and SPD. Basically my pelvis always feels like it's raw and on fire. My back hurts mainly when I move and causes my legs to buckle due to shooting pains. I'm not sleeping well due to the pain and am very much looking forward to getting my body back!

With this being our last Baby I'm trying to relish every bit of this pregnancy. All this pain is just confirming how done we really are having more Babies! Our perfect little sib-set of two older brother's and two younger sisters! It's God's perfect plan for our family and I couldn't be more excited for what the future will bring!
So, literally any day now we could meet this little lady! My OB said he will break my water at 39 weeks, if I would like. I'm hoping I'll have the strength to continue on until she's born of her own timing. I'm just praying that timing is very near!

No comments:

Post a Comment