Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hospital Vacation!

I think this is the first time I've ever looked forward to a hospital stay. I'm in so much pain and have zero patience left for anything and anybody. I'm literally drained and it takes every ounce of grace that God gives for me to get out of bed in the morning. I feel like my kids are testing every single limit and pushing every button they can, literally & figuratively. I feel guilty because I'm not the Wife or Mom I want to be right now. My house is a disaster, dishes are piled in the sink, laundry is overflowing the basket and I have vacuumed in too long. I'm done!

I need a vacation! While being stuck on an uncomfortable hospital bed, with an IV and nurses bugging me, doesn't really sound like a vacation - I'm really looking forward to no responsibilities aside from feeding, cuddling & loving on this little lady! I won't have to plan, prep & cook any meals for two whole days! I won't have to do dishes or laundry, vacuum or make beds. I won't have to clean up toys or hear any back-talk for TWO WHOLE DAYS!!!!!

To top it all off when I see my kids again, after Baby is born, I'll be full of loving hormones and will forget about how hard these last few weeks have been. I'll miss my kids and look forward to seeing them again. I'll have a new-found sense of love for my kids again and a renewed energy to be the best Mama I can be.

So yes, I am, very much looking forward to my hospital vacation! I plan to take full advantage of every service offered and just soak up newborn bliss! I'm hoping this vacation comes SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment