Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 6: Exodus 15:19:27-28

Today marks day 6 out of 90 in our Bible reading challenge! The chapters we read today seem to be mainly laws and rules. They started out telling about the people's praising God for rescuing them from Pharaoh. It goes on to describe their grumbling about no food or water and how God blesses them with clean drinking water and mana from Heaven. How awesome that they had exactly as much food as they needed, no more - no less!
The majority of Day 6 was a bit of a tough read for me.

It was mainly rules/laws and describing how to build the Tabernacle. I must say that it sounds absolutely gorgeous. I am so thankful that Jesus' death means we no longer have to follow these rules in order to pray to or Worship God! Because of Jesus' sacrifice we can come boldly into the Throne room and present our requests to God without the protocol the Israelites had to follow!

I have often wondered why churches are so set on having gorgeous buildings and ornate statues or designs. Then I read these chapters and see that it actually pleases God to see these beautiful things! I still think all things in moderation but I see where the desire to have beauty in our churches comes from…God Himself!

Thank you Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment