Saturday, September 29, 2012

To gift or not to gift...

With our induction date quickly approaching I've been thinking about Sibling gifts from Baby. I know plenty of people who give gifts to the older siblings from their new baby and I know plenty of people who don't give gifts. We never have. When my first became a big brother he was only 15 months old and I didn't think he would even understand a gift from his brother, much less need one.

When my second became a big brother he was only 12 months old and again, I didn't think he would even understand why he was getting the gift.

Now that my oldest is almost 4, my second is 2.5 and my third is 1.5, I'm wondering if a gift from their new baby sister would help ease the transition. On the flip side, I think of their sister as a gift and don't feel the need to give them extra gifts…

So, here I am, trying to figure out if we do give a gift what should we give, why would we give it and what will that show our children? I'm still on the fence about this one. I'm thinking I'll just carry on the tradition of not giving any gifts and just make it very exciting for them to be the Big Brother's and Big Sister. I hope they'll be just as smitten over their little sister as we will be. Hopefully offering her hugs and kisses will be enough of a present for them! I guess we'll see…

Your turn! Did you or did you not give older siblings gifts from their new baby sibling? WHY or why NOT?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment