Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 2: Genesis 17-28:1-9

Today is day 2 of our 90 days "Reading through the Bible" challenge! I am loving this time I've spent in the Word! What a blessing it is to have a written account for what God has done! I hope you'll join me in reading about our awesome Creator!

I love that we get to read about Sarai being unable to conceive children and then seeing God preform a miracle and open her womb when she is far beyond her childbearing years. I also am thankful that we get to see that both Abraham and Sara were shocked and in disbelief about God's promise of a Son! It seems like we never want to admit that our faith isn't always strong so it's good to read that those who walked so closely with God also had times of wavering faith!

If you're a parent I'm sure you found Genesis 22 to be a very difficult chapter to read. When I hear of the sacrifice God asked Abraham to make, of killing his only Son with Sara, my heart sinks. Abraham had such faith in the Lord that he was willing to kill the one thing he had longed for and waited so long to receive. I often wonder what I would do or say if God asked the same of me. I pray that I would have the courage to obey but really can't say. I long to become more like Abraham in my obedience to my Father in Heaven!

Now the chapters describing Jacob and Esau are mind boggling for me. First, the fact that Rebekah was barren and then God not only opened her womb but blessed her with TWINS is such a miracle! Then to have Rebekah cheat one of her own son's out of his blessing is just proof that even women back in Bible times were not any better at parenting then we are today!

Again, throughout the chapters I read today, I see God working in the lives of His people. Those who ask are given, those who have faith are rewarded, those who follow God are blessed! I pray you'll choose to seek God and all that comes with a life rooted in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment