Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Baby No Name!

Our first child, whom we lost to miscarriage, was named quite easily. We decided from day 1 that my Husband would choose names for any Boys we may have and I would choose names for any Girls we may have. He liked the name Urija, as did I. We felt from the beginning that our first Baby was a boy and we started calling him Urija. Unfortunately we lost him to a miscarriage so we won't know, until we reach Heaven, if he really was a HE or not, but at least he has a name!

Our firstborn was also fairly easy to name. Driving home one day I was reading off names from a website and came across Jacobi. We both fell in love immediately and decided that would be his name!

Our second born was also an easy choice because my Husband had always liked the name Micah and I agreed.

Our third born, first daughter, was again, very easy to name. I had heard the name Shaelyn while on a family reunion some 10 years ago and knew that would be the name of my daughter! So, after a little convincing, my Husband signed on and our first daughter was named Shaelyn.

Our next Baby we felt was another girl and decided pretty quickly on the name Aubrey, again died in a miscarriage.

We're on our 6th and final pregnancy with our fourth living child, another girl, and have NO clue what to name her! I love the name Olivia but there's another family member who has always wanted to name her daughter Olivia. I'm not a big fan of starting family drama so I'd rather not use the name Olivia, on top of the fact that it's a fairly common name and our other Children's names are NOT common.

So, we're in a toss up. My Husband wants Olivia and I no longer do. I like the name Adalee, which includes family names, but my Husband does not. This is way harder than I thought it would be since naming our other Children seemed so simple!

The other "problem" is that our Children's middle names are all after dearly loved family members. Jacobi's middle name, Daniel, is after his Daddy's middle name. Micah's middle name, David, is after my Husband's Uncle who passed away from cancer. Shaelyn's middle name, Faith, is after my Grandma who died from Alzheimers. We want to include Lee, my Sister-in-Law and Grandmother-in-Law's middle name and Jayne, my Sister's middle name. Adalee Jayne is where I'm leaning and since I get to choose the Girls names I might just go for it but of course I want my Husband to like the name his Daughter will have to bear for the rest of her life!

This is so tricky! How did you come up with your Child/children's names?

No comments:

Post a Comment