Tuesday, July 17, 2012

10 Ways to Jumpstart Your Day!

If you're anything like me, morning is not your favorite time of the day. I'd rather be wrapped up in my warm blanket, cuddled next to my snoring Husband, instead of getting up to face the day. So, here's a list of 10 ways I jumpstart my day!

1) PRAY
Before I even open my eyes in the morning I say a quick prayer! I ask for Grace for the day ahead, health and protection for my family and the wisdom and patience to train up these Children the way the good Lord wants me to!

2) Jump, Literally
When not pregnant I literally do a few jumping jacks. It has been proven that jumping in the morning gets your blood pumping again and gives you the boost you need to start out your day!

3) Brighten the Whites
Next up is brushing my teeth. Having that morning yuck feeling in my mouth is never pleasant so I brush in hopes of making things seem right with the world!

4) Wash my Face
I wash my face every morning with a cold towelette to help wake myself up. The cold jerks my system into realizing I do need to start functioning at some point fairly soon.

5) Get Dressed
Seriously, I find the days that I stay in my pj's seem to drag on and never really get going but when I get dressed I feel ready to take on the day and I seem to get far more accomplished!

6) Hydration
I need to take my prescriptions in the morning but I always chug a glass of ice cold water. Again, the cold seems to remind my system that it's time to get moving, inside and out!

7) 1 Major Chore
I always throw in a load of laundry or dishes first thing in the morning. This way I feel accomplished right away making the rest of the day feel a little less overwhelming!

8) Drink it up
I'm not a big fan of breakfast, never have been. I'm just not hungry in the mornings but I know I need the fuel to stay awake the rest of the day so I make us all a smoothie. The smoothies are quick and easy and always packed with plenty of nutrients. I feel good about the fact that we're taking in food, even if we're not eating it!

9) Make the Bed
Once the Husband is out of our bed I go in a make it look nice. Every time I walk into our room, after our bed has been made, it feels like the day is moving along. Whenever I walk into our room with an unmade bed I just want to climb back in it and go to sleep again!

10) Mind your set
Lastly, when I'm still not feeling ready to be awake and active I remind myself that it's all in the mindset I choose to take on for the day. I go over everything I have to be thankful for, especially the fact that I woke up again today!

What's your secret to getting up and moving in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment