Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's all in the Mind set!

My oldest literally rises with the sun. He's up by 6:30am EVERY morning! We recently went to a Drive-In movie and didn't get home and to bed until close to midnight. I knew he would sleep in the next day because he had been up so late the night before, NOT true. He was up at 6:45am and ready to take on the day. Unfortunately, I am a true night owl who cannot seem to wrap my head around going to bed before 11:00pm. Being pregnant means I'm up every 2 hours or so making sleep a chore. So when he rises at the crack of dawn I am NOT a happy Mama.

I always seem to roll out of bed and huff to his room. I quickly shush him and then hustle his tooshy to the couch. I'm never happy to see him that early and it shows. But this morning I was reminded that it's all in the mindset I CHOOSE to take.

Jacobi suffers from seizures and has been through a lot of medical "stuff" since he was born. He was our first rainbow Baby, born after we lost our first child to miscarriage. He's a miracle, as are our other Children, and I forget that too quickly.

Instead of being so frustrated that I'm tired in the morning I need to be thankful that he's awake and we have another day together. How quickly I forget that life is fleeting and tomorrow is never guaranteed. I need to cherish these moments I have with my Children, regardless of the hour or how tired I may feel for tomorrow may never come. I'm going to miss these times soon enough and I don't want to have any regrets.

So, with a change of my mindset, I am now looking forward to the time I'll get to spend, alone, with Jacobi - bright and early tomorrow morning! I promise to cherish this special bond I've got with him before he grows up and wants little to do with his Mama.

How do you night owls get yourself to go to bed earlier?

No comments:

Post a Comment