Saturday, July 21, 2012

Escape Artist - Part 1

Jacobi is infamous around here for being an escape artist. He's literally caused us to call 911. I'm convinced God has BIG plans for Cobi because it's truly a miracle he's still here.

First attempt to escape was at a Pediatrician's office. Cobi ran out of the room to find his Daddy. I was assured the nurses would grab him so I didn't worry too much. Unfortunately, I ignored the pit in the bottom of my stomach and didn't go after him. Daddy came back to the room without Cobi. We searched the entire clinic, they put the doors on lockdown, I ran outside frantic and finally found him on the sidewalk of a very busy intersection. He was just in a diaper, no clothes, and nobody tried to stop him! When we found him we had to attempt to finish the exam and both the Doctor and I were too shaken to really focus on anything. I'm so thankful for God protecting him on that awful day!

Second escape attempt was in the very early morning hours, one summer day, last summer. We had their window cracked to allow the cool morning air to come in. I never thought it would allow him to get out! I heard him talking with his younger brother and hollering into the backyard. I went in to get them and the screen was out of their window. I freaked out! Ran outside while yelling at my Husband that, "Cobi's gone"! Cobi wasn't in the backyard, he wasn't in the front yard, he was nowhere to be seen! I grabbed my phone to call 911 and started yelling "Cobi" over and over, praying he would come back! Thank God, just before I could actually make the emergency call we heard him say, "here I am". He had made it all the way to the end of our cul-de-sac. Honestly, if he had turned one direction or another and went through someone's backyard we may never have seen him again. Thank God for watching over him!

Third escape was at a large family reunion. We were getting dinner off of a buffet line when I looked for Cobi and he was missing! I immediately knew he was gone, especially since this had become a habit for Jacobi. Family members were asking if it was serious that he was really missing and were quickly informed that yes, this was dangerous! I when where I felt led, which happened to be towards the pools. I found him in the kiddie pool. Another guest had let him into the pool area through a very heavy door. I was amazed that someone would let such a small child into a pool area but glad he was ok, regardless! Again, so very thankful for God's protection!

There was another Major Escape Attempt that actually resulted in the police being called out.

No comments:

Post a Comment