Friday, July 20, 2012

Why didn't I think of that?!?

I have fallen head over heels in LOVE with Pinterest! Seriously, whenever I need motivation to clean my home, an idea of what to do with the Kiddos, what to wear to a party or even how to organize my daughter's nursery the first place I look is Pinterest. I love the variety of choices and how I almost always find something that works perfectly for my situation! It seems like every time I look I'm asking myself, "why didn't I think of that"?

One thing I have to be careful with is taking these amazing ideas too far. I can find something I think will make our life easier or more fun but if it doesn't fit the budget it doesn't fit the budget. I have to constantly remind myself of what are WANTS vs NEEDS! I want a bigger kitchen but I can't afford one. I need to be able to find the pots, spoons, knives, etc that I need to cook with but that just means getting creative with the space I have.

Contentment is definitely something I've been working on for quite some time. The problem with Pinterest is that it creates endless opportunities to become disappointed with the way my life is shaping up.

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor. – Exodus 20:17

Ok, so we don't have donkey's or maidservant's like they did back in Bible times. BUT we do have nice cars and Nannies, mansion's and personal Chef's.
Photo Credit
Photo Credit

We don't really use the word covet much anymore either but to covet means: to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others. In other words, we're not grateful for what we do have, instead we look at what other's have and wonder why God didn't bless us with the bigger house or nicer paycheck.

While Pinterest can be a great resource for finding idea's to implement into our daily lives we have to be careful to not let it steal our joy for the life we have been given. We're blessed with what we have in the here and now and need to be content and thankful for what it is we do have!
I will continue to search Pinterest but will definitely keep in mind that I'm beyond blessed! God has given me more than I could ever deserve and I need to remain thankful to Him for it all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment