Thursday, July 19, 2012

Don't worry…about a thing!

Photo Credit

My Sister got my Children this singing reindeer for Christmas last year. It's pretty cute and it dances while it sings the song, "Don't Worry about a thing. Cause every little thing is gonna be alright". My Kids love dancing and singing along, even though they have no clue what that really means.

It says in Matthew 6:34
'Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'

Recently a friend shared with me something the Lord had put on her heart from a devotional, 'Jesus Calling' and it totally changed my outlook on life. (I love that we get to spur each other on and are able to share what God has taught us to better the lives of those around us!) The entry reads, 'Do Not Worry About Tomorrow! This is not a suggestion, but a command. I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle...When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame. You stagger under this heavy load, which I never intended you to carry...As you affirm your faith, trusting in me, shackles of worry fall off instantly.'

The Lord truly doesn't want us to worry about tomorrow because we can't handle tomorrow until it is today. In other words, our physical minds and bodies are not built to deal with the worries that come with dreading or fearing our futures. We don't know what tomorrow will bring, so why worry about it? God knows, that's all that should matter. God never intended us to carry the weight of worry that tomorrow can bring. Instead he wants us to take on his yoke which is EASY and his burden which is LIGHT, Matthew 11:30!
Photo Credit
I tend to focus more on what tomorrow means in terms of finances, chores, energy, etc vs staying focused on God and what He is calling me to TODAY! It's like the wise old Turtle in 'Kung Fu Panda' says, "Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery but today is a GIFT, that is why it's called the present"! I hope I can stop worrying so much about the mysteries of tomorrow and start relishing in the gift that is my today! Tomorrow will either come or it won't and that's not up to me to decide! Live life to the fullest now and have no regrets tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment