Thursday, July 19, 2012

Too stressed to….stay home?

After the 50th fight that ended in someone screaming bloody murder, the third spilled cup, the second potty accident on my couch and the hundredth, "Mama, I NEEEEDDDD you" I was more than ready to throw in the towel. I wanted nothing to do with the day-in and day-out duties of being a Stay-at-Home Mama. I wanted someone else to come in and watch my kids, cook their meals, clean up after them, potty train them and fix their attitudes. I was ready to look for a JOB!

Ok, for starters, who is going to hire a woman who is 7 months pregnant and hasn't worked a "real" job in 4 years? Yeah, that would be nobody…at least nobody who would pay what I would need to be paid to afford this Nanny I mentioned above. Secondly, I don't even know what I would want to do for a job much less have the current skill set to do anything other than raise these Kiddos. Thirdly, while looking at Daycare options, yes…I was THAT serious about getting out of SAHMville, I literally broke down crying at the thought of leaving my Children to someone else.

Life really would be way easier if I was working. My Husband wouldn't have to bear the burden of our financial state all on his own. We'd have more money coming in and could buy our own home, put more aside in savings and simply have less to worry about regarding bills, debts, etc. My Children would survive Daycare, as would I.
Photo Credit
Unfortunately, it takes me coming to the end of my rope before I realize how truly lucky I am to have the opportunity to stay home with my children. While the long hours and relentless chores are overwhelming at times I wouldn't trade it for anything! So why do I have such a hard time remembering this? I'm too blessed to be stressed so why bother? I'm so thankful for my Husband who works his tail off so I can stay home.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better, but even if it's not, my attitude will be! Staying home with my Children is a great privilege NOT a right! I have got to remember THAT!



No comments:

Post a Comment