Thursday, August 2, 2012

Got my Nails Did!

Yep, that's right! My Mama and I went to get our nails did last night! My Husband graciously agreed to watch the kiddos so I could escape for the evening! He even made dinner and put them down to bed! We both got mani/pedi's and it felt great! We used to get our nails done once a month but we got artificial nails. It's been over a year since we last got anything done to our fingernails because they were so damaged from the process. So now that our nails have begun repairing themselves, after all the torture we put them through for three years, we went in for regular manicures!

I ended up getting the Shellack treatment and it was quite intense. I've read that the UV machines used to dry polishes faster can actually cause skin cancer on your hands. Unfortunately they cure the shellack by putting your hands into the UV machine for like 10 minutes each, alternated two minutes here, two minutes there. Anyway, I probably won't get the shellack again so I don't have to use the UV machine. BUT, they do look and feel gorgeous now! The shellack should last about three weeks too, which is great!!

Here's the finished product! LOVE IT!
The best part for me is that my Husband thought they were artificals because they look so great! They're at the perfect length right now!

And yes, I got the "go-ahead" from my Doctor before getting any polishes put on my nails. Considering I used to get my artificial nails refilled every few weeks while I was pregnant with my first and second this seemed "ok".

No comments:

Post a Comment