Friday, August 3, 2012

Anxieties at an all-time HIGH

I never had problems with anxiety until I became a Mom. Now, I freak out about everything! Fevers make me dizzy with fear that a seizure will soon follow. Blood always seems to multiply ferociously, making me think stitches are the only option. Headaches, stomachaches, ear pain - it all makes my knees quake, my stomach churn and my heart start pounding! You think I'm kidding? I was considering medication because I literally could not function I was always terrified there was a huge storm right around the corner.

So, what did I do? Well, I chose not to medicate. Not because I don't think medication is helpful, I know it can be the exact opposite. I just didn't feel comfortable with taking anything while pregnant. Instead, I dove into the Word of God and now have these verses listed where I can see them all the time! I read them, meditate on them, I truly take them to heart. I ask God for the calm amidst my storm!

Philippians 4:6-8
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.

Psalm 56:3
When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee.

Matthew 6:27
"And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life's span"?

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

Whenever I feel myself becoming anxious I simply look over these verses and pray for that peace that God promised!!!


This post is linked at Christian Mommy Blogger

1 comment:

  1. Scripture is the best healing medicine. Thanks for linking up with Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger!

    ReplyDelete