Saturday, August 4, 2012

We're getting a new…PET?

As I've mentioned before, my Husband loves all things nature/animal. His newest fascination is with chameleon's. He's spent HOURS researching everything from their cages to their food (crickets, SICK), breeding and life cycles. He's addicted! He gets this way about an animal every year or so. First it was fish, salt water, fresh water, it didn't matter. He has had dozens of different varieties of fish.

We currently only have a Beta and Algae Eater in our Kitchen, weird spot, I know. Anyway, he's also had a Bird and Turtles, both of which he had to give away when I was running my Daycare. I feel so badly that he had to give up those animals that I gave in to his request for a chameleon.

I'm not looking forward to the crickets chirping all the time but when I presented this complaint to him he dutifully did his research and found a way around the chirping, just buy younger crickets who don't have wings yet…still grosses me out!!! (Side note: I was going to post a picture of a ton of crickets but they just make me gag so I decided against it. You're welcome!)
So where will said chameleon go? Well, chameleon's don't like a lot of attention so a place in our main living area would NOT work well with our young children who would undoubtedly enjoy making their presence known. The bathroom is too small and dark so that leaves…yep, our bedroom! How romantic. ;)

We've cleared off the side of our dresser and he's going to mount our tv, which I've wanted to happen for a while anyway! So at the end of the month he will be a proud new owner of a chameleon and I'll be grossed out to come into my own bedroom. I really hope I'm overreacting and they're not as gross as I think they'll be.

Oh, the things we do for LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment