Monday, July 16, 2012

Power Outage Prayers!

Dinner was in the oven, kids were watching a movie and the air conditioning was keeping our home cool when a city wide power outage took place. I definitely take for granted how blessed we are to have electricity and all that it provides!

During our outage our prayers looked a little something like this:

Lord, please keep the oven hot enough that dinner will keep cooking!

Please keep the fridge and freezer cold enough for our foods!

Please don't let it get too hot in here!

Oh, wait…Thank you for electricity! Thank you for lights and air conditioning. Thank you for my oven and dishwasher, my fans and fridge!

It was a good reminder to be thankful for what we have! We're blessed to have air conditioning to cool our home on an extremely hot day. We're blessed to have lights and a fridge to make our lives easier! We're blessed to have a dishwasher to clean our dishes for us! We're blessed to have electricity in general. There are plenty of people living in my own state that don't have what we have, much less those in third world countries who have far less than we do.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of electricity!!!

And no, the oven didn't stay hot enough so I had to toss out our chicken and potatoes dinner. But again, I'm blessed enough to be able to afford something else for dinner.

Lord, help me to stay in the thankful mindset that so many who are less fortunate than I seem to always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment