Tuesday, August 7, 2012

10 Ways to spend more time in the Word!

I'll be the first to admit that finding time to spend in Gods Word is HARD! With three kids, laundry, dishes, cooking, sleeping and everything else that is required of me - I always struggle to read my Bible as often as I'd like. If you've got the same problem I've put together 10 Ways to Spend More Time in the Word!

1) Get up Early
Ok, this one doesn't really work for me because my children are already up between 6:00 and 6:30am. I am NOT a morning person so I find it very difficult to get up at 5:00am. I could just push myself and do it but I never feel like I really got anything out of my quiet time when I'm that exhausted! If you are a morning person than this would be a great time for you to get into the Word!

2) Breakfast & Bible
Incorporate Bible reading into breakfast time. You can read to yourself while everyone is eating breakfast or you can make it a family affair and read out loud.

3) Post it
Pick some verses that really speak to you and display them around your home, car, purse, etc. You can use post it notes, white boards, chalk boards, paint, etc. Just get the verses up where you can see them everyday!

4) Apps
There are plenty of great apps out there for your smart phone, iPad, e-mail, etc that will send you daily Bible verses or even daily devotionals. Sometimes the only way I get into the Word is to read the short verse/devotional I automatically receive straight to my phone.

5) Bible on CD
One way to be in the Word more is to have it playing all the time! Even just hearing the Word subconsciously means it is getting into your Spirit! Plus, your children will get to hear the Word too!

6) Leave it open
Always have your Bible left open in an active place in your home. When you have a few minutes you can read a verse or two!

7) Set Goals
Set goals for yourself to Read the Bible in 1 Year, Memorize a Book or set of verses, etc.

8) Bedtime
Read the Word right before bed. This works great for me as I am such a night owl. I slip into bed with my Bible and devotional and read before sleeping.

9) Short & Sweet
I love devotionals that are super short and sweet so I can read them quickly but still get a lot out of them! My favorites are devotionals that offer morning and evening reads.

10) Pray about it
My Last tip is to pray about it and ask God to show you when you can get into the Word. Maybe you're not seeing a time that's perfect for spending with God and he can reveal it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment