Monday, August 6, 2012

Updated Laundry Room!

My Laundry Room is part laundry room, part utility room, part food storage - with a deep freezer and extra fridge and it currently houses my Sister's cats' litter box. The layout of the room is AWFUL!! The walls are a dirty white color, the floor is grey cement and everything is just thrown into the room. I HATE going down there to do laundry because it's kind of dingy looking. I couldn't wait to get started and ended up hiring movers to help! Take a look at the chaos that ensued as a result!

SO…Nesting has struck again and we're tackling the design! We purchased a RED Expedit Bookcase from Ikea
as well as these Baskets in White.
We'll store our extra cleaning supplies, and miscellaneous items that are being stored in this room, in these baskets. I LOVE the red!!! I know it's a bold color that not everyone will enjoy but I'm the one who has to do laundry in there everyday and I'm excited to see it!!

We got Cozumel Turquoise for the wall color!
Again, it's a bold color that not everyone will like but I am in LOVE with it! Hopefully it will look as nice on the walls as it does on the lid!

We also picked up this $20 rug from Ikea that I think will help tone down the turquoise and red.
We plan to paint the wash tub grey too so it will pull those two items together!

We'll be unstacking the washer and dryer and putting them onto a stand that my Husband said he'll build me! We plan to get these Baskets to sit underneath the stand that will hold our extra laundry supplies and extra beach towels!

The stand will reach from the wash tub to the other wall and will also hold our Reverse Osmosis Water reservoir. We removed the extra fridge and will rearrange the deep freezer to make better use of the space. We plan to put the Expedit where the fridge currently resides. We'll be able to remove a white two door cabinet, a plastic white tower and a two drawer plastic container!

I can't wait to see the finished product! Be sure to check back so you can see what it looks like completed!!! I'll have BEFORE & AFTER pictures in the final update!


No comments:

Post a Comment