Friday, August 10, 2012

Routine Adjustment...

In just about two months we'll go through another routine adjustment as a family. As much as I wish I was talking about an adjustment from the Chiropractor, which I love, I'm actually talking about our daily schedule. We've got a fairly consistent schedule everyday that works well for us. Once we add another Baby to the mix our schedule will be thrown off and that freaks me out a little!

I know, I know, I just need to work the Baby into our schedule. I get the idea behind integrating Baby into our day vs working our day around the Baby. Unfortunately, it's never worked for us! When Baby is hungry - I nurse Baby. Remember how often Babe's get hungry in the first few months? Yep, every 2-4 hours! Which means if I'm trying to get lunch ready and Baby gets hungry I have to stop cooking to feed Baby…Yes, I do distract as long as possible but if you've ever had a hungry newborn you know there's only so much time before the true meltdown begins!

I won't be able to cuddle my older children as often as I do now, mainly because they will have to take turns with another sibling.

I won't be able to run after a child disobeying like I can now.

I'm not complaining at all! I'm so thankful for this new life and can't wait to meet this new Baby girl! I'm just a little overwhelmed at the thought of how much work it will bring. How am I going to fit another little one into the bathtub?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment